KC Things site is in Catalog Mode while we complete final testing.
McCoy Pottery Co - Roseville, OH 1910 - 1990
The McCoy family has a history of being involved with pottery starting in 1848. The "McCoy" pottery most people recognize was produced by the "Nelson McCoy Pottery Company". The pieces can be unmarked or carry the well known marks "NM" or "McCoy" with later marks outlined in the following.
In 1910, J.W. McCoy's son Nelson, formed "The Nelson McCoy Sanitary and Stoneware Company" on the north side of Roseville, Ohio. Their initial production items were crocks, jugs and other kitchen items. In 1932, Nelson changed the name to "The Nelson McCoy Pottery Company".
In 1967, Mr. David Chase purchased the Nelson McCoy Pottery Company. Items produced had "Mt. Clemens Pottery" added to the McCoy mark.
In 1974, the company was sold to Lancaster Colony Corporation. The letters LCC were added to the McCoy mark.
In 1985, Lancaster Colony Corporation sold the pottery to Designer Accents where some limited production continued until 1990, when the doors were closed.
More in-depth detail is available in any one of the books in the Bibliography.
McCoy Deer with Fawn Planter circa 1950s in a glossy yellow, brown and green
McCoy Lily Bud with Flowers Wall Pocket circa 1940s